Welcome UBC Physics & Astronomy Alumni!
Get in touch & Stay in touch – regardless of when you graduated, we hope that you will stay involved and get engaged! Here in PHAS we’re continuously improving ways that would allow you to stay connected with your PHAS friends, colleagues, and the Department.
Keep in Touch
- Receive PHAS e-newsletter: Sent out annually, this departmental newsletter keeps you appraised on departmental updates, event notifications and alumni accomplishments. PHAS alumni automatically receive the annual newsletter. Didn't receive your copy? Want to update your email? Let us know!
- Join our online network: Like us on Facebook, join us on LinkedIn, or sign up for our events or news RSS feed.
- Update your contact information: Moved recently? Updated your email address? Be sure to update your contact information with UBC Alumni Affairs
- Graduated from the Faculty of Science? Check out the Faculty of Science website for the latest events and reunions, and visit the Faculty of Science Alumni FAQ page for more information.
Share Your Experience
- Submit an alumni profile: Submit your profile and story to let us know how you are doing
- Volunteer today! Take part in a roundtable discussion, deliver a keynote, attend a career fair. One day of your time can make a world of difference to a UBC Science student planning their future.
- Share through LinkedIn: Join our LinkedIn group and connect with current students and other PHAS alumni
Learn More about Alumni Benefits
As an alumnus, you receive many great services that you can use throughout your life. From young alumni events, reunions, network connections and mentoring opportunities to the award-winning Trek Magazine, many programs have your needs in mind. We invite you to learn more about UBC's offerings by visiting the AlumniUBC Benefits & Services page.
Support PHAS Students
The impact of the gifts Faculties receive from alumni, friends and community partners is felt throughout —in the lives of our students, in our capacity for research, in the calibre of our teaching, and in our ability to reach into the community. Support your faculty by checking out the Faculty of Science Alumni Giving page, and the Faculty of Applied Science Make a Gift page.
Looking for a department-specific project to contribute to? Here are a few choices - funding will go directly to support students' learning experiences in Physics & Astronomy, or to support outreach initiatives organized by the department.
Contribute Ideas for Events and/or Projects
- Tell us your ideas. Contact the departmental Communications Coordinator at comm...@phas.ubc.ca and we can help organize it.