9. RETURN TO WORK
The intent of the Return to Work (RTW) Program is to facilitate reintegration of employees to the workplace in a fair and consistent manner. It is a confidential and voluntary Program. A joint union/management approach will be taken to ensure employees of the University have an equal opportunity to return to work after an illness or injury.
The objectives of the RTW Program are to:
- Maintain the employability of all UBC employees who become either temporarily or permanently disabled, where the cause is job related or not
- Minimize the employees' financial hardship and emotional stress
- Provide meaningful productive employment within their capacity to employees who wish and are able to return to work
- Re-integrate employees to the workforce in a respectful manner, thereby minimizing the loss of expertise and resources and maintaining employee potential and self-worth.
The Unit will follow the return to work procedures as outlined in the University Return to Work Program document.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND REFERENCES
- UBC Return to Work Program document
- UBC Return to Work Program