1. UNIT’S HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
The Health and Safety Policy defines commitment and responsibility. It formally expresses an employer’s objective of providing a safe, healthy and secure environment for all UBC Unit, staff, student and visitors.
- The Unit is to develop and maintain a policy that describes management’s commitment and goals to create a workplace free from disease, illness and injury. Compliance with the Workers’ Compensation Act and related legislation is the minimum standard acceptable.
- This policy is to be endorsed and signed by the Unit Head and is reviewed annually by management, the local Health and Safety Program Administrator and the Local Health and Safety Committee.
- This policy is posted throughout the Unit and is communicated to all workers.
Additional Information and References
- "Due Diligence"
- WCB Regulation, Part 3.4 (a)
- UBC Policy #7 - Health and Safety