The OSSOS collaboration will hold a three-night/two-day workshop
June 25-27, 2014 in Beaune France,
the heart of the Burgundy wine region.
At this collaboration meeting the Core Team will present and update
on the results, the Topic Teams will present their first analyses,
and plans for the second half of the survey will be finalized.
The full detection lists for the first year of the survey will be
1. Hotel accomodation in the conference hotel (prepaid by us) for the nights of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
The meeting hotel is the Hostellerie de Bretonniere, on the south edge
of the main ring of the old city.
Hotel web site here, but participants have no need to contact the hotel as all services are negotiated in bulk. Contact ossoscore if you have any questions or needs.
2. No registration fee, so coffee breaks and meeting room fees are covered.
3. Hotel accomodation will include breakfast the morning after each night's lodging. Lunch will be provided on Thursday and Friday. (Dinners will not be covered).
All participants as of May 7 that have requested the above
financing package have been confirmed. There is still room
for a few more participants to be covered, but we need a response
by May 11th.
To do so, send an email to
with subject line 'Beaune hotel', before Friday May 11/2014, 23:59 UT. In that email, confirm your arrival and departure dates/times from Beaune, and indicate food restrictions if you have any.
Most participants will find it easiest to:
1. Fly to Paris CDG airport (but do check LYS Lyon airport too).
2. Take the TGV train directly out of the airport to Lyon (if they arrive in the morning of June 25), or Dijon (if arrive CDG after 18h00).
3. Transfer to the regional commuter train to Beaune. (It's a beautiful train trip.)
For participants coming from North America, arrival on Wednesday
in Europe will likely be an overnight flight on Tuesday June 24,
arriving in Europe the morning of Wednesday June 25.
For those going to ACM, a late afternoon flight to Helsinki on Saturday is possible, leaving Beaune at 9h00 in the morning to return to Paris. Of course it is also possible to travel to Paris Saturday and fly out Sunday.
OTHER TRANSPORT OPTIONS
- You may find it possible to fly into Lyon, Marseille, or Basel to get decent train connections.
- We recommend you purchase your train tickets online, in advance. Links will soon appear here (along with some sample times) for trains.
- Both the train trips and the drive would be lovely. You could drive from Paris in about 3 hours, hotel parking appears to be free.
Beaune Tourism office web site